Saturday, January 12, 2013

Liebster Blog Award

This is just plain awesome ^.^ My blog has only been around since about October 14th of last year so being nominated for this award is just a ridiculously huge suprise.

I would like to thank Sophia @ for nominating me! I really appreciate it ^.^. You can find her on her blog: Bookwyrming Thoughts. You can also find her on Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter.


Rules of the Liebster Blog Award:


1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)

4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
 
Questions from Sophia:
1. Because I'm a fairy tale person (LOL), if you were retelling a fairy tale, which one would you retell?

Well, I would love to do a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. There are just so many awesome things you can do to make that story your own.
2. If you could have a superpower, what power would it be?
I would love to have the ability to slow down time. That way I would have more time to read ^.^
3. Who or what inspires you to blog?
My love of reading is what first inspired me to start blogging and the really friendly people I've met are what keeps me doing it.
4. What types of books do you enjoy reading?
I really love to read Young Adult books. Any genre inside of that is alright by me but I also really enjoy Urban Fantasy books as well.
5. If you were stranded on an island and can only have 3 things, what would you have? (assume there's food, water and shelter already provided... miraculously)
Hmm, I would want to have books with me (obviously) as well as my iPod and finally I would love to have a journal with me so I can keep track of my adventure on the island ^_^.
6. What's your favorite childhood story that you would still enjoy today if you read it again?
Probably The Lion King. I had all of the disney books growing up and The Lion King was always my favorite. I'm really just a big kid at heart so I would still find myself drawn to the story.
7. Sorry for making anyone hungry, but random question: What's your favorite food?
My dad's chicken Parmigiana. It's the best, seriously.
8. If you could be any villain from a book, who would you be and why?
I really don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter? Just because Harry Potter is AWESOME.
9. What would you do if you had a million dollars?
I would donate most of it to charities that help homeless and abused animals as well as ones that help save endangered animals. If I had anything left I would probably buy a book..or ten...
10. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love that I get to put my opinions out there for people to see and that I get to help promote authors and books. I also really enjoy the blogging community, I've met so many wonderful people.
11. Any tips for new bloggers?
Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. Make connections and get to know people, you're part of a community now who support and help each other. Oh and don't start blogging just to get free books ^.^

Random Facts About Me.
1. I always order the same thing from Starbucks. Venti Carmel Macchiato. It never changes, ever.
2. When I was younger I truly believed Hogwarts had to exist somewhere, I was a huge Harry Potter fanatic if you couldn't tell.
3. My favorite band at the moment is Black Veil Brides, they are just so awesome.
4. I played the violin for 7 years in school but gave it up because I could not stand my Orchestra teacher in highschool.
5. I love the TV show Criminal Minds, I have a huge crush on Matthew Gray Gubler (Dr. Reid) and I own seasons 1-4 on DVD.
6. I hate tomatoes. I don't really know why but I do.
7. I still play the Pokemon video games. They're fun.
8. If I really like a book I will try to read it really slowly to make it last but it never works.
9. It's really easy to make me laugh.
10. I prefer to keep my emotions to myself.
11. I am a perfectionist..and a procrastinator. They don't work very well together.
My Nominees:
1. Stephanie @ In Wonderland
2. Kelly @ Paper Fantasies
3. Jules @ The Otaku-Bookworm
4. Tiffany @ The British Book Nerd
5.Ankita @ Booklok Coffee
6. AJ @ In the Land of Books
7. Lily @ Lily Pond Reads
8. Sadie @ Lyrics
9. Marie @ Marie's Bookworm Blog
10. Emily @ Read It and Geek
11. Melissa@ This is Your Brain on Books
 
My Questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could meet any author alive or dead who would it be and why?
3. What is your favorite novel that you were forced to read in school?
4. If you could travel to any world from a book which would it be and why?
5. If you could be friends with any book character who would it be?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
8. What is the one thing that bothers you most in books (pet peeve)?
9. What was your favorite book of 2012?
10. Have there been any books that you have read recently that have suprised you? Which ones?
11. Who is your number one book boyfriend?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a perfectionist procrastinator too. It's not fun. :(

    Marie @ Marie's Bookworm Blog
    http://mariesbookwormblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Award :) :)
    It is on display @ Booklok Coffee

    xxxx
    Ankita :)

    ReplyDelete