Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #4



SmokeTitle: Smoke
Author: Ellen Hopkins
Series: Burned, #2
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books.
Expected Publication: September 10, 2013




Description:
Pattyn Von Stratten’s father is dead, and Pattyn is on the run. After far too many years of abuse at the hands of her father, and after the tragic loss of her beloved Ethan and their unborn child, Pattyn is desperate for peace. Only her sister Jackie knows what happened that night, but she is stuck at home with their mother, who clings to normalcy by allowing the truth to be covered up by their domineering community leaders. Her father might be finally gone, but without Pattyn, Jackie is desperately isolated. Alone and in disguise, Pattyn starts a new life, but is it even possible to rebuild a life when everything you’ve known has burned to ash and lies seem far safer than the truth?
 
Why I'm Waiting:
I've read almost every Ellen Hopkins book out (except Triangles and Tilt but they are on my list) and I loved Burned. The story was so tragic yet during it you felt a sense of hope only to have your heart ripped out and handed to you. All of Ellen Hopkins' books have either made me cry or left me thinking about the characters long after I put the book on my shelf and I have no doubt that this one will as well. I NEED to know what happens to Pattyn, after the way Burned ended my heart broke. Besides that cover is amazing and hello? books written in verse are just plain awesome.
 
 
What are you guys waiting on this week? Leave me a link below and I'll check it out!
 
 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. I've never read any Ellen Hopkins before (THE SHAME!) but I've heard great things, I've never really had the time to and I'm scared to since her stories are so tragic and deep. Hope you get to read this though :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are pretty tragic but most of them do have a little hope in them so it's not all depressing. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I've read Crank by her, and I remember really liking it! Great pick, Sarah-- I hope you get to read it soon! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I loved Crank. Thanks! I hope I can afford to pick it up the day it comes out ^_^

      Delete