Friday, June 21, 2013

Blue Bloods (Review)

Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1)Book: Blue Bloods
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
Series:  Blue Bloods, #1
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Format: Paperback
Pages:  302
Source: Borrow from my sister.

Blurb:

Schuyler Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne,her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes to the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates. But when she turns fifteen, Schuyler's life changes dramatically. The death of a popular schoolmate haunts her in unexpected ways. And strangest of all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her.

Once an outcast, Schuyler is thrust into Manhattan's most exclusive social circle. Its members are the powerful, the wealthy, and - as Schuyler soon discovers - the unhuman. They are Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires, and for centuries they've been invincible. Now something is preying on this elite group, and Schuyler wants to find out the truth. But is she the most vulnerable of them all?

My Rating:
I really enjoyed this story. The beginning was a little slow for me because I wasn't really a huge fan of all the fashion talk, but once Schuyler found out she was a vampire the story really picked up. I was a huge fan of the vampires in this story. They seemed different from other vampires and I really liked the twist the author put in the story.
 
Throughout the story I was constantly trying to figure out who was killing off the young vampires and I must say I never guessed until it was revealed. I really liked who it ended up being because it made the story even more interesting.
 
I loved Schuyler. She was smart and different and she didn't try to conform to what everyone else was doing. I really liked that about her. She was a highly interesting character and I loved how when she was told not worry about what was killing off the vampires she jumped headlong into the mystery just to try and figure it out. Oliver was my favorite. He was such a great friend and he cared deeply for Schuyler. I kind of kept hoping that Schuyler would end up with Oliver but at the same time I don't think it would be a good idea.
 
If you're like me and you love vampire stories I definitely recommend checking this one out. The take on vampires is pretty different and the story is engaging and full of suspense. I will definitely be continuing with this series and I cannot wait to see what happens to Schuyler and her friends next.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment