Friday, July 26, 2013

Review: The Collector

The Collector (Dante Walker, #1)Book: The Collector
Author: Victoria Scott
Series:  Dante Walker, #1
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Format: Paperback
Pages:  352
Source: Purchased



He makes good girls...bad.
Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.


My Rating:
 
This was one of my favorite reads this year. From the moment I read the description I knew that I had to get my hands on this book. I had high hopes for this one, and I was not disappointed. From the beginning I knew that I was not going to be able to put the book down, and as soon as I finished reading I had the urge to flip back to the beginning and read it all over again.
 
The plot was awesome. I loved the idea of there being collector's that collect souls for hell and work for the devil. Then throwing in the liberators just made the story all the more interesting. The book was fast paced and full of action and I wouldn't want it any other way. The great thing about this book was the fact that while there was some romance it didn't take away from the story at all but only added another element to it.
 
I loved Dante. I knew from the beginning that I would. Even though he was a jerk and extremely egotistical, the guy was funny. Even though he could be quite mean, I found myself laughing constantly when Dante did or said something hilarious, which happened to be pretty much all the time. It took a little while for me to like Charlie however. She was a sweet girl but at times I found myself wishing she would put Dante in his place. She was awkward and geeky and the complete opposite of Dante and that's what made the relationship so great.
 
If you're worried that you won't like this one just give it a chance. The book is full of funny lines that had me laughing out loud and Dante will definitely grow on you. The fact that the romance doesn't happen instantly is another great thing about this book, the fact that it happens gradually just adds to the story. I cannot wait for the next installment and I am not so patiently waiting to see what happens with Dante and Charlie next.

 

1 comment:

  1. I've heard so much about this book and I really just need to sit down and pick it up! It sounds really good and I agree that the plot sounds fantastic!! I'm glad to hear that you liked Dante. I've heard that a lot of people don't like him so now I feel reassured. Lol. Anyhow great review. I'll definitely have to move it up on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete