Monday, July 15, 2013

Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)Book: Confessions of a Shopaholic
Author: Sophie Kinsella
Series:  Shopaholic, #1
Publisher: Dial Press.
Format: Paperback
Pages: 312
Source: Library


Meet Rebecca Bloomwood.

She’s a journalist. She spends her working life telling others how to manage their money.
She spends her leisure time … shopping.

Retail therapy is the answer to all her problems. She knows she should stop, but she can’t. She tries Cutting Back, she tries Making More Money. But neither seems to work. The stories she concocts become more and more fantastic as she tries to untangle her increasingly dire financial difficulties. Her only comfort is to buy herself something – just a little something…

Can Becky ever escape from this dream world, find true love, and regain the use of her Switch card?



My Rating:

 
I really enjoyed this book. I've been meaning to get into more adult books and start reviewing them but I always end up pushing this one back on my list. When I found it at the library I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it since I could always just not finish. As I started reading however I quickly grew hooked and I was looking forward to finding out how Rebecca fixed her financial problems.
 
Quite a few times however I found myself shaking my head at how Rebecca handled things. If only she had done things differently, maybe things wouldn't have gotten so bad for her. At times it seemed like proper actions weren't taken against Rebecca just so the story could go on and I found myself thinking that certain things wouldn't work like that in the real world. Her antics and schemes to fix her money troubles did have me laughing though and I couldn't believe all of the trouble she went through.
 
Rebecca was hilarious. I really enjoyed being able to see the things that went on inside the woman's brain because they were ridiculous. Even though she seemed to be scatter brained a lot of the time Rebecca is quite smart when she applies herself and I love that in characters.
 
Of course everything worked itself out in the end and she even hooked up with a swoony guy (which I saw coming from the beginning). I can't wait to see what situations Rebecca gets herself into in the following books and I will hopefully be getting to them soon.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment