Monday, October 21, 2013

Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle

Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #1)Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle
Series:  Brightest Kind of Darkness, #1
Publisher: Patrice Michelle
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 357
Source: Free on Amazon


Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.

After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.

Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.





When I saw this as a Kindle freebie and read the description I knew I had to get it. The plot sounded absolutely amazing and that something I would really enjoy. I'm really happy to say that this one did not let me down at all. The fact that the main character dreams her entire day the night before is just really cool and not something I have seen done in YA before.

The thin that really stuck out about Nara is that she really tried not to interfere with her powers except when confronted with the knowledge of a bombing at her school. The way she stood up and took action really set the tone for the way the book was going to go. It was also really interesting that Nara didn't know much about her powers at all even though she had been living with them for a long time.

The thing that I loved most about the book was that it kept me guessing. Whenever I thought I had figured everything out something else developed and I was back at the beginning. I never once had everything all figured out and I love books that take me on a thrill ride like that.

The characters definitely made the book for me. The fact that Nara was a regular girl who wasn't exactly popular really helped me to connect with her. The only difference is she had the power to see the events of the following day the night before. She's a really likeable character who really stands up when she knows someone is going to be injured. When we really got introduced to Ethan I absolutely loved him. For a while I thought something dark was going on with him, with Nara losing her powers and everything, but he really turned out to be a sweetheart. He was caring and sweet and oh so adorable.

If you're looking for a book that will keep you guessing this one is definitely for you. Don't let the fact that it's free stop you from giving it a shot. It is really worth it and the storyline and the characters will have you eagerly moving on to book two.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment