Friday, March 14, 2014

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

17347389The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Raven Cycle, #2
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 437
Source: Purchased

Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same.

Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life.

Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...

 
I've had this book sitting on my shelf for a while now and I wasn't too keen on starting it right away. The first book wasn't exactly my favorite having gotten 3 stars but I found myself enjoying this installment much more. I think the whole difference between this one and the first is that it starts right where the previous left off and isn't slow in the beginning like the first one was.
 
I loved the fact that it was told from Ronan's point of view, which various chapter's told in other character's points of view. Ronan was an interesting character for me, he comes across and withdrawn and kind of a jerk yet deep down he really cares about his group of friends and his family.
 
So much happened in this book that I don't even know where to begin, it was fast paced and had adventure and creepy things. And the dreams, they were pretty cool, I found myself highly enjoying that aspect.
 
Blue really seemed to develop more in this book which was fantastic, I'm really starting to like her more and more. She's a fun character who brings wit and sensibility to the group dynamic. And then there's Gansey. I wasn't a huge fan of him in the first one but it's safe to say I pretty much adore him now, I'm really hoping something happens between him and Blue. Adam's a strange one. His story is a sad one and we get to see a lot of what he's feeling in this book. I felt bad for him yet at the same time he has so many people who want to help him but he continuously shoves them away. Noah, I don't know what to say about him without just talking about how much I love him for the rest of the review. There's one scene that is really sweet and adorable with him and at the same time really made me sad. He's one of my favorite characters and I wish he had been in the book more than he was.
 
The ending of this installment was like the last, it left off with a major cliffhanger and left me wanting even more of the story. I can't wait for the next book to see what happens with Blue and Gansey and the rest of their group.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment