Friday, January 27, 2017

The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross

11130686
The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross
Series:The Steampunk Chronicles, #0.5
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: Paperback (included in the first book)
Pages:86
Source: Purchased.


Finley Jayne knows she's not 'normal'. Normal girls don't lose time, or have something inside them that makes them capable of remarkably violent things. Her behavior has already cost her one job, so when she's offered the lofty position of companion to Phoebe, a debutante recently engaged to Lord Vincent, she accepts, despite having no experience. Lord Vincent is a man of science with his automatons and inventions, but Finley is suspicious of his motives where Phoebe is concerned. She will do anything to protect her new friend, but what she discovers is even more monstrous than anything she could have imagined.


There really isn't much I can say for this novella besides the fact that it got me interested in reading the rest of the series. It was extremely slow in the beginning to the point where I wanted to put it down and quit but the further I got through it the more I wanted to read.

Despite the beginning I am actually looking forward to seeing where the story leads and I just hope where it picks up in the first novel it doesn't go back to being slow paced. I hope there's a lot more steampunk elements in the first novel because I absolutely love steampunk stories.

Once it picked up however I was drawn into the plot of the story. I didn't expect anything to happen and I was pleasantly surprised by everything that did. The characters were pretty interesting as well and I can't wait to see how they develop as the story goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment